Monday, May 16, 2011

MONDAY MENTIONABLES - The High Cost of Beauty...

Last night, while I was getting ready for bed, I realized that I've added some things to my "beauty" routine since I was diagnosed with cancer - things I don't think I EVER would have added if I didn't have to...

1. I'm using Latisse eyelash growing/thickening solution on my eyelashes at night.
2. I'm using LiBrow eyebrow growing/thickening solution on my eyebrows every day right before my makeup goes on.

These two items are a must in my routine now, because my eyelashes and eyebrows have not grown back like I wished. It's depressing. But, I will say that these two items really do work! I'll continue to use them.

3. I now have to use a concealer under my eye, because of the dark circles chemo gave me (thanks chemo).

Besides the dark circles under my eyes, I also have very uneven skin tone. I don't like to wear liquid foundation, but I do use a powder concealer that works pretty well. My favorite face makeup is Mary Kay Simply Flawless - I've been using it for years.

4. My skin looks much older now, so I am using two new (to me) products on my face - one in the morning and one at night...

Day: Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum. My skin just sucks this in - I love it.

Night: Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Moisturizing Treatment. This smells so yummy. It's a little bit heavier than the Regenerating Serum, though.

5. I now have several scars, and I'm using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Oil on those. It's amazing.

6. To thicken my hair, I'm trying to remember to take vitamins and drink a whey protein shake. It does help.

Phew! ALL of that is added to what I normally do each day (makeup, hair care, etc.) I'm pretty high maintenance! And, the older I get, the higher the cost to keep me happy! Haha!

What kinds of products do you use now, since your cancer diagnosis? What is your #1 favorite product?

1 comment:

  1. Before my chemo I had long, thick eyelashes. Thanks genetics! But of course they thinned WAY down during and after chemo. I'm about 8 months post-chemo and my lashes are still wimpy. I pray that they will come back! I discovered the L'Oreal eyelash serum before I discovered cancer and I loved it because it made my thick eyelashes even more so! So of course I uses this religiously now! Thanks for the eyebrow tip! My eyebrows get their help from a pencil every morning. :)

    ReplyDelete