Friday, June 11, 2010

FRIDAY FARE: Healthy Recipe - Summer Smoothie

When I was going through Chemo treatments, I had a hard time finding something I could eat. Not much tasted good. A good friend of mine, who had gone through chemo the year before, suggested that I try a smoothie. In fact, her sweet husband even came to my house and made me one! It worked - I was able to keep it down, and it even tasted pretty good to me. I've asked guest blogger, Shannon Stahura, to submit a smoothie recipe for you to try. -Kara

Shannon:

"Here is a fast and easy way to beat the summer heat and maintain a healthy lifestyle...a smoothie! This recipe is full of anitoxidants and high-nutrient leafy greens (but you can't even taste them "deceptively delicious style"). This makes a great snack or even serves up as a well-balanced meal replacement complete with all five food groups."

Summer Smoothie

1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup blueberry or pomegranate juice
1/2 banana
1/2 cup mango
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup almonds

Put ingredients in blender and pulse for 15-20 seconds and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment