Monday, December 13, 2010

MONDAY MEMOIRS - Friendship on the road...

We had such a great time last Thursday night with all you wonderful survivors. I've been thinking since then about friendship, and what it means to have friends that have walked the exact road you have. It's one of the most important things I've found - that having someone to talk to and to help you, someone who knows exactly what you needs, is such an important part of the cancer journey.

"For a shield from the storm, for a friend, for a love to keep me safe and warm...I turn to you. For the strength to be strong, for the will to carry on...for everything you do, for everything thats true, I turn to you."
-Christina Aguilera

"You were the one who made things different, you were the one who took me in. You were the one thing I could count on, above all, you were my friend."
- Tom Petty

"Once there was a darkness, a deep and endless night, you gave me everything you had and oh, you gave me light"
-Sarah Mclaughlan


What do you think about friendship? Is it important? Why? Grab your cancer journal and write a few words.

Have a great day!

-Kara


No comments:

Post a Comment