Friday, July 9, 2010

FRIDAY FARE: Healthy Recipe - Pasta Toss

We had a great nutrition class last night for our Sister Survivors. I promised to share my most recent yummy recipe, so I thought I'd post it here. Something you need to understand - I just throw things together, so I don't really have measurements. ;-)

Ingredients

2 chicken breasts - all fat cut off
Cherry tomatoes - about 3 cups - cut in half (I use the container that Costco sells - they are very sweet!)
Onions - sliced - probably about 1 cup
Paul Newman Oil and Vinegar dressing
3-4 cups of fresh fettuccine noodles, cooked (cook just until they are barely soft.)
Fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
Marsala cooking wine
Salt and pepper

Using a large wok-type pan, I cooked the chicken breasts in the dressing (I used this instead of plain olive oil, because I love the additional taste of the vinegar, but you could use just light olive oil and some red wine vinegar!) Once the chicken was cooked about half-way through, I sliced each breast in half (so that it was not as thick) and then cut each half into large pieces. I threw in the onion slices and cooked those while the chicken finished cooking. Once it was done, I tossed in the tomatoes and stirred for a few minutes until they were tender, and then splashed some Marsala cooking wine into the mix. Sprinkle with a little freshly ground salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes more to blend the flavors, and then toss with the noodles, and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.

That's about it - to make it more healthy, you could use whole grain pasta. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment