Thursday, November 4, 2010

Some of Our Member Survivors Featured in Forbes Magazine...

A few months ago, a writer from Forbes Magazine contacted me through this blog. She discovered the Sister Survivors blog while working on a story about illness in the workplace for the Leadership/Careers section of the magazine. She was, quote, "writing about how employees should deal empathetically and respectfully with a colleague who may have fallen ill." She asked if I could put her in touch with some survivors who could answer some questions for the article. I email the survivors on our list about this. I haven't heard anything about it since that time.

Yesterday I received an email from the writer - Sara Peck. She sent me the link for her article. I was surprised to find, as I read the article, that all of the women interviewed were from our group! Here is the link, if you are interested in reading the article at Forbes...

http://www.forbes.com/2010/10/13/breast-cancer-workplace-employees-boss-illness.html

-Kara

1 comment:

  1. I noticed a few of the details seemed off a little, but I was so happy to help her with her article and I thought overall she did a great job for interviewing me over the phone.

    ReplyDelete